DCCC recently participated in a Capital Webinar. From this and the Capital Guidelines, the DCCC team have devised a list of helpful tips and guidelines to assist services in the Capital application process.
Completing Your Application:
- You are advised to use Internet Explorer as your browser whilst completing your application. The application can be found on the PIP Portal under the Funding Tab. DCCC would advise that all applicants read the guidelines before completing their application.
- The first page of the application will have been automatically filled in with the services details. Services are advised to check these details. If details are not correct Pobal should be informed.
- All information pertaining to your application must be submitted via the online application process. Pobal will not accept applications or information relating to the application by any other means.
- When completing your application it is important to note that there are mandatory fields that must be completed. Should a mandatory field not be applicable to your application then it should be filled in with NA (not applicable) or 0 for numerical fields.
- It is important to note that there are drop-down menus some of which are also mandatory.
- If you are unsure of a question you can use your computer mouse to hover over the boxes and hint texts will appear.
- Questions have a 2,000 character limit which includes spaces.
- It is advisable to add all attachments at the end of your application as this can slow down the process.
- Evidence in creating places can be provided in the format of information from schools, local CCC’s, survey’s i.e a survey of parents carried out on survey monkey, waiting lists, or if the service is the only service in the village/town then this information should be included.
- Frequently save your application. If left for thirty minutes the session will time out and all work will be lost if it has not been saved.
- The DCYA number which you apply under is the service at which the funding must be used.
- If you have made an error after submission it cannot be edited.
- The application is not available As Gaeilge\ in Irish.
- CCC’s or Pobal cannot look at live applications. CCC’s will be provided with a word version of the application. Only services can view their live application.
- Only one quotation is required per application however services can include as many as they like and services are advised to obtain more than one to ensure that they are getting a fair price. Quotations should not be obtained from family members.
- Wrap around services will apply under one application but will be asked different questions.
- When applying for Strand 3: EY Natural Outdoor Play Area the requirement of Service Size 0-50 Children refers to children registered on PIP as of 31/01/18, not a services FTE (full-time equivalent).