Name of Service: Early Learning Schools
Address of Service: Glen Outdoor and Letterkenny Outdoor Schools
Position/s Vacant: Class leaders and assistants
Role: To support and assist in the provision of full time day care of the highest quality in a holistic setting for children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Be willing to work with children of various ages from babies to afterschool children.
• Perform a variety of tasks, such as nappy changing, toileting, sterilising, feeding, nap supervision and engaging in play.
• Conduct observations of children under the direction of the room leader.
• Follow the policies and procedures of the service at all times.
• Cleaning, tidying and storage of equipment, to ensure the health and safety of children at all times.
• Ensure a good standard of hygiene.
• Organise materials and toys to the benefit of children.
• Support children’s developments – emotional, social, physical and cognitive in carrying out activities.
• Attend meetings and undergo training as required.
• Be aware of child protection procedures and advise manager should you have any concerns about the child.
• Maintain strict confidentiality, any breach of confidentially about children or their families will constitute gross misconduct.
• Perform other reasonable and relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Min QQI (Fetac) Level 5 in childcare.
• Min 1 year experience with different ages of children.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Kindness, warmth and responsiveness to the needs of the children.
• Good communication and relating skills with children, staff and parents.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
• Occupational First Aid (Not a necessity).
• Garda Vetting.
Qualifications Required: Level 5,6, 7 and 8
Experience Required: Experience prefered but not essential
Hours of Work: 40hrs
Closing Date of Applications: Ongoing
Further info and contact:
Send applications by email or post
23 Glen Park,