Key Points about the COVID 19 Reopening Support Payment for ELC and SAC Services.
• Reopening Support Payment (RSP) for ELC and SAC providers to:- support them in meeting the reopening guideline
– support children to remain in ‘play pods’ to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19
– To meet additional staffing needs during the reopening period.
• Allowable expenditure includes:
– additional staffing costs
– such as staff in reception to manage staggered drop off and pick up times
– additional cleaning
– additional learning resources so that each play pod has their own ring-fenced resources
– Hygiene supplies/consumables or cleaning consumables.
• The grant for each individual provider will be based on the number of children on DCYA schemes in the service as of 12 March 2020.
• Services which open on a fulltime basis and are open for 6 of the 8 weeks between 29 June and 23 August 2020 will be eligible to receive a higher grant than services operating part-time hours or which reopen in late August or September:
No of children registered on DCYA programmes 12/3/2020 Enhanced RSP RSP Standard RSP
1 – 11 €2,000 €1,000
12 – 40 €4,000 €2,000
41 – 100 €7,000 €3,500
100+ €10,000 €5,000
• Services are asked not to raise parental fees from pre Covid -19 levels for the duration of the temporary funding model (29 June to 23 August).
• Sign up to the reopening support payment or any of the other funding streams is not compulsory.
• ELC and SAC services may access other funding streams such as TWSS if eligible, DCYA ELC and SAC programme subsidies for children attending, parental co-payments, and the COVID-19 capital grants.
• Providers who have already received the COVID-19 Restart Grant (from The Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation) or are due to receive it must declare the amount of the COVID-19 Restart Grant in the application form and this will be offset against the Reopening Support Payment. Please refer to your local authority website for further information.
• A once-off Childminding Reopening Grant of €500 per childminder will be made to assist with the additional costs of reopening. Childminders must have been providing a childminding service carried out in the childminder’s home on 12 March 2020, have completed the Children First e-learning programme, have Garda Vetting in place, be tax compliant, have appropriate insurance in place for their childminding business, commit to operate for a minimum of one year following receipt of the grant, and not be in contract to provide DCYA ELC and SAC programmes on 12 March 2020.
The RSP will be open for applications from 3rd July with payments commencing on 10th July 2020.