COVID-19 Capital Grant Key Points
The COVID-19 Capital Grant is available to ELC and SAC services to help them to adhere to the reopening guidelines by improving hygiene facilities and outdoor play areas. Applicants must purchase items to support compliance with the Public Health Advice and COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for ELC and SAC services.
The capital grant will be allocated as follows:
Number of children registered on DCYA ELC and SAC programmes per service (on 12 March 2020)
1-11 Grant value: €1,000
12-40 Grant value: €2,500
41-100 Grant value: €4,500
101+ Grant value: €6, 000
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Have a DCYA reference number for the service for which they are applying for
• Be registered with Tusla
• Must have been contracted with the DCYA to provide DCYA ELC and SAC Programmes on the 12 March 2020.
Examples of purchases:
• Arrival spaces: Reception screens for staff Transitional spaces
• Items that provide shelter or shade: Canopies Perspex screens/roofing Outdoor space
• External handwashing facilities
• Additional outdoor equipment
• Sanitiser stations
• Washing machines/dishwashers
• Partitions/room dividers
• Appropriate ELC and SAC play and ancillary equipment
• Additional cots, bedding, storage space for individual bedding
• Outdoors – rest mats/hammocks.
• The application is available on the Early Years Platform (HIVE)
• All purchases must have a minimum projected lifespan of 12 months to be eligible
• Applications approved by mid-day on 24 June 2020 will be processed for payment and the grant will be paid to these services bank accounts on 26 June 2020
• Applications submitted by each Wednesday will be paid by the Friday of the following week A payment schedule is included in the applicant guideline
• If services have purchased capital items between 13 March and 15 October it can be covered by the COVID-19 Capital Grant, provided that it falls under the eligible categories noted
• Services are required to complete their modifications/adaptations or purchase their equipment between 13 March 2020 and the 15 October 2020
• Any unspent grant funding by 15 October 2020 must be returned to Pobal.
Applications for the COVID-19 Capital Grant are available from Monday 22nd June to Friday 28th August 2020