Full-time Permanent Post
The duties involved are that of a childcare assistant which includes:
- Plan both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
- Meet the emotional, social, physical and cognitive needs of each child and working with team members under a key worker system.
- Encourage all staff to contribute to curriculum planning
- Help coordinate outings as applicable
- Prepare monthly plan charts Planning, monitoring and reviewing on an ongoing basis
- Complete observation assessment of children’s development
- Report progress of children to parents on a daily and ongoing basis
- Maintain daily open and professional communication with parents, ensuring that newsletters and notes are given to each parent.
- Keep accident/ medical reports
- Respect the principle of confidentiality at all times regarding the children, their families and other staff.
- Report any suspect abuse to management / designated person, familiarise yourself with the procedures outlined in the Children First National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children 1999, in relation to child protection concerns.
- Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy, providing a safe environment where children can access play opportunities age and stage appropriate.
- Ensuring all equipment is kept to a high standard of cleanliness at all times. Ensure a sufficient amount of fresh air is circulated within the classroom environment at all times.
- To set up and clear away and be involved in deciding upon play activities for the day and becoming responsible for the care and maintenance of all equipment and ensuring it meets health and safety standards within the crèche environment
- Inspect equipment for damage or lost materials, bring to the attention of management any health and safety concerns you may have.
- Attend in-service and staff meetings once a month and any training considered necessary by management or the committee, and also from your own initiative.
- Work with assistants, aides and volunteers in the classroom in a professional manner at all times.
- Keep all appropriate records such as, attendance and time sheets, cleaning, incident reports etc…
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations and those set out by Siolta and Aistear
- Familiarise yourself with crèche Policies and Procedures
- Familiarise yourself with the pre-school inspection guidelines 2006-2016. Liaise with the Health Board Consultants during inspections.
- Be aware of the crèche behaviour policy and follow this.
- To work independently in a confident manner is a must, but also to adapt to working with an energetic fun team
- Fluent English
And other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time as appropriate to your position.
· This includes playing an active role in the day to day running of the crèche.
Bocan Community Crèche Ltd., is an equal opportunities employer and acts within the scope of the Employment Equality Act 1998 and 2004 and the Equal Status Act 2000
QQI (FETAC) Level 6 or above or equivalent
Preferred but not essential
How to Apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or
post your CV to Caroline Borden Bocan Community Creche
Bocan Culdaff Co Donegal F93 Cyk1