Funding & Grants
Childminding Development Grant (CMDG)
The Childminding Development Grant (CMDG) is designed to assist Childminders, already providing a childminding service in their own homes, to enhance safety/quality in the service through the purchase of small capital items, equipment, toys or minor adaptation costs. It may also give financial assistance to new or prospective Childminders with their initial set up costs. All applicants must be committed to maintaining/improving the quality of their childminding service.
Who is eligible to apply for funding?
A Childminder who is:
- Providing an existing childminding service carried out in the Childminder’s home OR
- Proposing a new childminding service to be carried out in the Childminder’s home
A Childminder who provides/proposes to provide childminding services for at least:
- 3 children on a part time basis (not including Childminders own children) OR
- 1 child on a full-time basis and 1 child on a part time basis (not including Childminders own children)
A Childminder who has:
- Completed the prescribed Childminding Quality Awareness Programme (QAP)
[Note: A Childminder may be exempt from attending the QAP if they have already completed an equivalent Childminding course or relevant quality related training. [This decision will be made at the discretion of the local CCC for 2020.]
- Must provide evidence of appropriate insurance
- Must provide evidence of Children First E-Learning programme
- Required to operate as a Childminder for a minimum of two years following receipt of the grant.
For more information on when the next round of CMDG funding will be available, contact Donegal County Childcare Committee on 074-91 23442
Parent and Toddler Group Initiative
The Parent and Toddler Group Initiative provides small grants to Parent and Toddler groups for the purchase of equipment and resources, training and other operational and start-up costs.
The initiative recognises that Parent and Toddler Groups are providing informal support to parents, grandparents and childminders as well as to young children. Each year, Donegal County Childcare invite applications from Parent and Toddlers groups operating in the county. These applications are then appraised by DCCC and funding is allocated.
For more information on when the next round of Parent and Toddler grants will be open for applications, please call Donegal County Childcare Committee on 074-91 23442.